Applications from postdoctoral student are invited at any time after joining the lab of an MHD Trainer. Our intent is to solicit applications annually from rising postdoctoral researchers for one or two-year awards (second year contingent on satisfactory progress, review by the Steering Committee, and availability of funds). Please note that NIH restricts traineeships to citizens and permanent residents of the United States. Trainees will typically be selected in late Spring. Questions regarding the application process should be sent to the MHD Director, Bruce Klein.
The Microbes in Health and Disease steering committee at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is soliciting applications for 5 pre-doctoral trainee positions and potentially 3 postdoctoral (Ph.D.) trainee position to be appointed 7/1/20-6/30/21.
The deadline for application materials is May 13, 2020.
Please submit application materials to Allison Bauer (email@example.com). Please note that NIH regulations allow T32 appointments only for U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The application materials are detailed below.
Postdoctoral Application Components:
2. Personal statement describing the applicant’s research and career plan. The personal statement should explain the significance of the applicant’s work to human health or disease AND the importance of the training program to the applicant’s future career goals.
3. 1-2 page research proposal
4. PI Letter of recommendation
5. 2 Additional letters of support
6. Certification of PhD or MD
The MHD Steering Committee will evaluate applications and award traineeships based upon:
* The quality of all of the above components.
* The strength of the applicant’s background.
* The applicant’s future potential for a biomedical research career in microbial contributions to health and disease.
* The advisor’s program participation and commitment for supporting the research training of the applicant.